How to find the best, most nourishing, and refreshing vegetarian sandwich ideas without the risk of your meal being dry, unpalatable, and leaving you hungry?
You’re at the right place. These three amazing, healthy recipes are easy to make and save you time.
We prepared some delicious vegetarian sandwich ideas that will, without a doubt, sweep you off your feet to show you the fun side of eating greens. And, if you are a vegetarian, our recipes will enrich your everyday meals.
These vegetarian sandwich recipes are perfect for a light snack, lunch, or dinner. The tasty sandwiches we recommend in the following recipes will give you energy throughout the day.
A Crispy Pita Bread Sandwich
This outstanding classic is a part of all great restaurant menus worldwide. You can also find pita bread tasty sandwiches on a Rakija Grill restaurant menu.
Rakija Grills’ way of making this flavorful meal is a perfect stepping stone to get the inspiration for your unique version of this delicacy.
- A pinch of salt, pepper, and some lemon juice
- Fresh pita bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Trim the bottom portion of each stem from your white button mushrooms
- Slice the mushrooms and tomatoes
- Place the mushrooms on a piece of baking paper that you’ve previously brushed with olive oil.
- Put the mushrooms into the oven until they’re crispy.
- In the meantime, make a creamy avocado spread by squishing the slices with a regular fork.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and lemon juice to the avocado paste.
- Fill up pita bread with this spreading, add the crispy mushrooms, tomato slices, and some fresh lettuce and enjoy these tasty sandwiches.
Note: Some vegetarian recipes suggest you use fresh goat cheese spread instead and add freshly sliced avocado at the end. Our formula is completely versatile, and you can adjust it to your taste.
A Grilled Caprese Sandwich
Another of the best vegetarian sandwich ideas we prepared for you is a Mediterranean chef-d’œuvre.
- Fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Brush fresh ciabatta with some olive oil and place it on a grill
- Take the bread off the grill the minute it gets that pretty golden crust
- Slice the tomatoes as thin as possible and place them on a plate
- Cover the tomatoes with fresh basil leaves, a pinch of salt, and a splash of olive oil
- Leave them for a few minutes to soak up the juices from the added ingredients
- Slice the mozzarella cheese
- Top the ciabatta with a slice of mozzarella and the soaked tomatoes
- Add some fresh basil and cover the sandwich with the other grilled slice
A Rich Hummus Double-Decker
Hummus is full of plant-based protein, so you’ll take care of your macronutrients if you go for this flavorful sandwich. To get the best out of it, try making this meal right before eating, like with all vegetarian sandwich recipes.
- Cucumber, onion, radishes
- Whole wheat bread
- Toast the bread
- Chop the veggies
- Use a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the veggies.
- Top a slice of the toasted bread with a coat of hummus, place slices of cucumbers on it, and sprinkle it with a teaspoon of ricotta
- Repeat this step with another bread slice, but this time use different veggies.
- Spice it all up with microgreens or sprouts of your choice
Do you have a special veggie sandwich recipe you like to make? What is your favorite from our picks? Let us know.
And to try some of the most delicious foods we prepare, come and visit us at Rakija Grill.